Standex International Corporation and its worldwide affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions and companies (collectively, “Standex”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) respect your privacy and your rights to control your personal data.
What is personal data?
Personal data is any information that relates to an individual and either identifies that individual or can be used to identify that individual. Examples of personal data include an individual’s name, mailing address, email address, IP address, telephone numbers, or other unique identifiers.
The Information We Collect
We collect several different types of information, depending on the interaction between you and us.
- Automatically Collected Information. When you visit any of our websites, we may automatically collect and record certain personal data from your device by using cookies and similar technologies. This personal data may include your IP address, web browser and/or device type, the areas of the website you visit, date and time of your visit, location data and the Internet Service Provider used. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Call Tracking. When you contact us via telephone, we may record certain information, which includes personal data such as the telephone number, the name associated with the telephone number, your geographic location, call length and any follow-up information. Such calls may be recorded, so any personal data you provide during the conversation may be collected. Any such recordings are used solely for customer service training and quality assurance purposes and are not shared with any third parties.
- Information you provide to us. When you contact us directly, through our websites (via contact forms), through email or in-person, you may provide and we may collect personal data, such as your name, email address and job title (if you are affiliated with an existing or potential customer, vendor, partner or other party with whom we have or may develop a business relationship). Additionally, we may collect information on your search queries on our websites, survey responses and records and copies of correspondences (if you contact us). When you are applying for an employment position, you may provide and we may collect certain personal data. The data is commonly your name, email address, mailing address, current job title, past employment history, and other information that you provide on your resume or curriculum vitae.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information that we collect or that you provide to us, including your personal data, to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of our websites, to provide the information, products and services that you request, to further any existing or potential business relationship with you and/or your employer, to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of visitors to our websites, to communicate with you via our newsletters, to analyze and track the efficacy of marketing efforts and to evaluate your candidacy for employment if you have submitted a job application or inquiry.
To Whom We Disclose Information and Why
Except as described within this policy, we will not share personal data with a third party unless you consent to the disclosure or the disclosure is required by law. We may disclose aggregated information (information that does not identify any individual) about our website visitors without restriction. We do not sell or lease any personal data to third parties.
Personal data may be shared:
- among Standex affiliates and subsidiaries to better provide Standex products and services;
- with contractors, sales representatives, service providers and other third parties who provide support to our businesses and are bound by contractual obligations to keep your information confidential and to use your information only for purposes specified by us;
- with third parties to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (for example, if you provide contact details to be able to receive our products, we will share that information with freight carriers so that the product will be delivered to you);
- with government or regulatory agencies, when required to do so to comply with a court order, law or legal process;
- with third parties to either enforce our agreements (for example, billing and collection services) or to comply with contractual obligations (for example, as part of the purchase or sale of a business, assets, products or services).
How to Access and Control the Information
When you submit an online form for job applications, inquiries, or registering for products and services at any of our websites or otherwise request information, you provide prior express consent for Standex to send you “commercial electronic messages” (CEMs), which includes text messages, e-mail messages, etc. You may thereafter opt-out of receiving further CEMs by unsubscribing using instructions contained in the CEMs or by sending an e-mail stating your request to opt-out to email@example.com.